Friday, July 15, 2011

Biggy T in Lil' C

Piece for the Drawn Blanks sketchblog.  Me and 5 other artist rocking out new art daily based on a weekly theme.  Check it out.

What an utterly, ridicously awesome movie.  What the heck is going on?  Who cares...Kung FU!  I give it up to the Kaymonstar for picking this topic.

I wanted to pay homage to the original movie poster.  The guy who did that poster is a master, so I didn't want to recreate it,  but I wanted my own little movie poster.  I had ideas of just jamming it full of references, but in the end, went with something more open.  I knew I had to have Jack Burton to be large and in charge.  Glorious mullet and oil chest in full effect.

I started with trying to get a likeness down, but realized that just isn't my thing.  So I completely scrapped it and started over.  But I think it ended up looking more like him then I intended.

11x17, Copic Multiliner and Copic Sketch, Gelly Roll white.

No comments:

Post a Comment